EXTENDING ADJUVANT GLIVEC
|60 years old
14 months since diagnosis
12 months on therapy
Original tumor: 7 cm
Mitotic rate: ≤5/50 HPFs
|34% RISK OF RECURRENCE1|
KIT+ gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) patients on adjuvant GLIVEC (imatinib) may start to question the need to continue therapy. They need to know:
- In a pre-GLIVEC study, resected GIST patients had a 54% survival rate at 5 years2
- Once GIST recurs, the patient is considered metastatic and the chance of cure is extremely low3
- GLIVEC, the only approved adjuvant treatment for KIT+ GIST, is proven to reduce risk of recurrence in 2 Phase 3 randomized clinical trials4,5
- Clinical data now demonstrate that adjuvant treatment, with 3 years of GLIVEC provides a significant benefit vs 1 year in both recurrence-free survival (RFS) and overall survival (OS) at 5 years5
- Updated National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) and the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) guidelines support the use of adjuvant GLIVEC for at least 36 months in appropriate KIT+ GIST patients3
Read about the latest clinical
trial proving the benefits of 3 years of adjuvant GLIVEC
FREE GIST Risk Calculator!
interactive tool to your
desktop or iPhone®
iPhone is a trademark of
Apple Inc., registered in the U.S.
and other countries.